Dept. of RehabilitationCollege of Human Service
- Tel : 82-031-379-0480
- Room : 4106
The Department of Rehabilitation aims to perform academic research in response to the social needs for rehabilitation and welfare of the disabled, and nurture rehabilitation professionals who can provide efficient rehabilitation services. In particular, we focus on cultivating experts in various fields related to the disabled such as social, psychological, and vocational rehabilitation fields in various areas of rehabilitation. Students learn how to approach and value people with disabilities to support their lives and their families, such as through psychological and social evaluation programs for early detection of infants and children with disability, improvement of child problem behaviors such as autism spectrum disorder or attention deficit, hyperactivity disorder and emotional disorders, children's psychological rehabilitation programs for the promotion of the development and sociality of children with intellectual disabilities, behavior modification and adaptation training programs for assessing the ability of the disabled and improving adaptive capacity, vocational training and employment arrangements, etc.
The discipline aims to produce rehabilitation professionals in order to conduct academic research in response to the social needs for rehabilitation focusing on the social, psychological, and vocational rehabilitation fields in various areas of rehabilitation to effectively develop and carry out rehabilitation programs. Through various exchange programs, rehabilitation students will develop their love and service spirit.
The Department of Rehabilitation conducts academic research that meets the social needs of human services, especially the lifelong and disability rehabilitation services, and focuses on the areas of rehabilitation, especially occupational, psychological and social rehabilitation. We aim to develop a rehabilitation specialist with expertise and competence to develop effective rehabilitation programs and carry out concrete actions to make the best efforts to develop the abilities of the disabled, guarantee human rights, and improve the quality of life.
Concept of Talent
The Department of Rehabilitation aims to foster integrated intellects, participatory practitioners, and citizen of the world. In other words, we nurture integrated intellects with a wide knowledge of cultures, practical intellectuals who communicate with their colleagues and actively participate in solving social problems and, at the same time, solve the problems of the region from a global perspective.
Social worker (social welfare service law), rehabilitation counselor for the disabled (disabled person welfare law), assistive technology engineer (assistive technology device support), youth counselor, clinical psychologist (Human Resources Development Service of Korea)
Vocational rehabilitation, nationally recognized private certification related to developmental rehabilitation services, developmental psychologist (Korean Psychological Association), and play therapist (The Korean Association for Infant Mental Health)
Advance to a wide range of related services, systems and policies related to the disabled
- Academic field: graduate school, national and private research institutes
- Government and public institutions: government officials, national assembly, National Human Rights Commission, Korea Employment Agency for the Disabled, Korea Disabled Persons Development Institute, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Labor Welfare Corporation, National Pension Corporation, National Health Insurance Corporation, Community Chest of Korea
- Service organizations for disabled : welfare center for the disabled, vocational rehabilitation institution, therapeutic rehabilitation service center, assistive device service center, child support center for the disabled, developmental support center, a daycare center for the integrated and disabled children, employment support center for disabled, human rights center for disabled
- Media: broadcasting programs related to disabled and disability specialized publishers
- Disability groups and civil society groups·social contribution foundations : association for the disabled and the society, human rights group, corporate and private welfare foundation etc.
- Social and economic organizations: social enterprises, cooperatives, etc.