- Targets are students with no experience in Korean language learning.
- Students learn Korean alphabets, pronunciation, and spellings.
- Students learn basic vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structures.
- Students learn basic conversation skills for communication in everyday lives.
- (greetings, introducing each other, shopping, making appointments, etc.)
- Students learn essential grammar such as inflection, idiomatic expressions, indirect
- Students learn essential conversation skills such as making phone calls, making reservations,
going to post offices, banks, etc.
- Students learn vocabulary, and abstract words related to daily-use Korean.
- Students learn formal expressions used in various situations.
- Students understand and express in sentence forms through more specific topics.
- Students can communicate with Koreans based on the understanding of Korean customs and
- Students can correctly pronounce expressions learned in class.
- Students can communicate fluently with Koreans on general topics.
- Students learn idiomatic expressions, proverbs, vocabulary related to understanding the
content of newspaper articles and news.
- Students perform basic language skills to manage everyday life with less difficulty, use various
public utilities, and maintain social relationship.
- Students improve understanding in Korean culture through culture experience, field trips and
- Students have good command of using Korean in unfamiliar topics as well as in the areas of
politics, economics, society, and culture.
- Students can understand variety of vocabulary and discourse, and naturally express their
opinions in Korean.
- Students can understand and decide for themselves on social issues in newspaper articles or
- Students learn basic forms of writing reports after they enter university.
- Students can research, analyze, and express their opinions on professional fields and their
main area of interests.
- Students can improve their ability in vocabulary and expressions on various topics of difficulty.
- Students can improve their listening and speaking skills without any difficulty in understanding
lectures in their majors after they enter university. Also, they have no difficulty in expressing
long and refined sentences, but not as fluent as Korean native speakers.