Dept. of Financial MathematicsCollege of Information Technology College of IT
- Tel : 82-031-379-0570
- Room : 4106
Financial Mathematics is a convergence science that combines applied mathematics, business administration, industrial engineering, statistics, and computer science. It is a study to analyze the financial market using mathematical analysis tools. The financial market here refers to spot markets such as stocks, bonds, and raw materials, and the futures and derivatives markets.
There are two purposes of financial mathematics, the purpose of developing financial products in financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies, and the investment purpose of making money through mathematical analysis in financial markets. In financial mathematics, there are many fields such as derivatives design, risk management, and the branch of insurance mathematics.
The Department of Financial Mathematics in the College of Information Technology combines academic theories in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, and computer science to develop creative talents with systematic and integrated financial knowledge and technical and practical theories.
Students learn the basic theories related to financial and statistical analysis such as mathematics, economics, business administration, statistics, and computer science, and also learn the tools for mathematical analysis and the computational skills to develop computational processing ability in order to analyze actual financial phenomena, solve problems and develop practical skills.
In addition, third and fourth year students learn to acquire the certificates and language skills required to advance into the financial industry.
The basic aim is to cultivate talented people who can understand, analyze and utilize domestic and foreign financial phenomena leading the financial society of the future. Specifically, we aim to nurture practical financial specialists who have a basic knowledge of economics and finance with mathematical analysis skill for financial phenomena and the IT skills necessary for practical work to contribute to a better life for mankind and dedicate themselves to its universal values and ideals.
Concept of Talent
- Talents who have developed the right values to contribute to human society
- Practical intellectuals who can practice social justice
- Leading talent with creativity and a challenging spirit
- Talents with abundant theory and practical skills in finance
- Talents that can actively respond to globalization and internationalization
Appraiser, Chartered Financial Analysist, Certified Management Accountant, Financial Planner, actuary, CFC, underwriter, Credit Risk Analysist, foreign exchange manager, bank teller, Registered Fund Manager, securities analyst, CSIC, Certified Financial Manager, Financial Risk Manager, bond manager, derivatives investment counselor, accountant, licensed real estate agent
- Financial field: Nonghyup, Suhyup, bank, insurance industry, securities company, financial institute
- Academic field: Graduate school (general, finance, education), study abroad (USA, Canada, China, Japan)
- Public officials: General administration, firefighting, police
- IT field: Computer programmer
- Others: Distribution industry, general companies